Friday, February 12, 2010

Not Meant To Be - Chapter 3

 
Chapter 3

Song:  Great Pretender by Theory of a Deadman

“You'd better be in jail or dying,” Rosalie’s groggy voice mumbled into the phone.
“Sorry Rose,” I said apologetically. “I need you.”
“What time is it?” she asked.
“Four, I whispered hesitantly, bracing myself for a cranky Rosalie.
“Fuck Bella. Do you have your key?”
I told her I did and heard the phone disconnect. I released the breath I’d been holding, grateful that she wasn’t too pissed with me after all.  My best friend would always welcome me when I needed her, but that didn’t mean she’d be happy I woke her up in the middle of the night.
Since she still lived with her family, I was there a lot, and in time her mom and dad became like a second set of parents to me.  I affectionately called them mom and dad whenever I was visiting, and I know they considered me their fifth child.  They were quite accepting of the late night lifestyle Rosalie and I had, so I was given my own key to back door.  It was the closest door to Rosalie’s bedroom, and I wasn’t surprised to see a light on when I arrived.
Once inside, I crept down the hall to Rosalie's bedroom. Harley was spread across my usual spot when I stayed over and both she and Rose were snoring lightly. I slipped off my shoes and pants and pulled my bra out of my shirt sleeve. So as not to create too much movement on the mattress, I carefully climbed over my two favorite girls and shoved Harley over to make room.
“Hey baby girl,” Rosalie said, lifting her head slightly. “You gonna make it to work tomorrow?”
I reached over and stroked her hair. A part of me felt bad for waking her up, but it wasn't like this was the first time one of us had made a late night visit to the other.  Our exchange was short and choppy, but I knew we’d cover all the details after a few hours of sleep.  Just being here with her was the comfort I needed.
“Don't have to be in until noon,” I replied.  I could feel exhaustion setting in, and I was grateful I didn’t have a morning shift the next day.
“Cool. What's up?” she yawned and folded her pillow to prop her head up a little. 
“I just came from hanging out with Edward,” I said. Harley snorted as if she was a part of the conversation and I rubbed her head. “Go back to sleep, Har Har.”
“Yeah? How'd it go?”
I smiled, but I knew she couldn't really see me in the dark room. “It was good. A lot of fun, actually.”  I yawned again and took a deep breath before continuing. Kind of weird being at his friend’s house, but worth it. He has a kid, I added matter-of-factly.
“Seriously?” I couldn’t make out her expression, but I saw Rose’s silhouette straighten up and lean closer to me in interest.  I could imagine that her eyes were probably wide based on the surprised tone of her voice. “Did you know?”
“Had no idea. It kind of makes me feel bad, what with being around other people’s children everyday and all,” I admitted.
“Well, you are an amoral whore,” she sleepily chuckled.
“Bitch!” I said a little too loud, and I smacked her arm.
“Your words, not mine.”
I let out a momentary chuckle, too, and then laid back down. “You've got me there.”  Rosalie knew she could get away with that kind of teasing and taunting with me.  We both had a tendency to deal with awkward circumstances with humor and sarcasm, and this was no exception.
She reached across her dog and rested a hand on my shoulder to show me she was done teasing me. “All joking aside, are you okay?”
“Yeah, I'm okay.”
“Cool. Let's sleep. Denny's in the AM.
“Sounds good. Love you, girl.”
“Love you, too,” she whispered before slipping back into an easy slumber.
We woke up earlier than I would have liked, but I was used to running on less sleep than most people. Rosalie and I got ready for our day, and she lent me some clothes to wear to work. Most of our wardrobes were mixed up anyway considering that we borrowed and swapped clothing constantly.  If something ever came up missing from my closet, I could immediately assume it was somewhere at Rosalie’s house.
We discussed her night at work while we did our hair and make-up. I enjoyed her recaps as a part of me missed bartending full time. There is just something so entertaining about a bartender's life, and Rosalie's retellings were always hilarious.  I adored the children at the preschool, but working there was rather mundane in comparison.  Once we were ready, we got into our respective cars and headed out for breakfast.
Inside the restaurant and settled in with our cups of coffee, I gave her nearly every detail of my night with Edward. As always, she was the perfect audience.  She listened with rapt attention and ate up every juicy detail like I was reading her a Harlequin novel.  It felt good to get it all out and talk about Edward with her.  She understood my confusion and excitement over him, and I knew she could relate to the circumstances.
“Do you like him?” she asked when I was done.
“Well, yeah,” I said.  I would have thought that much was obvious.  “I wouldn’t waste my time if I didn’t.”
“Do you want to be with him?”
I hadn't considered that before because the circumstances provided an automatic answer. “No.  I really don’t even know him.  And he’s married.
No shit.  But you want to keep fucking him?”
“What’s with the third degree?” I countered.  She was much more inquisitive about Edward than she normally was with other guys.  “Let me break it down this way:  if he wasn’t married, yes, I think I’d be interested in him, but he is married, so it’s a non-issue.  I’m trying not to even put those thoughts on the table, and just have fun with him, you know?”
“Sorry, I’m just trying to gauge your interest, that’s all,” she replied with a shrug.  She took a cautious sip of her hot coffee and looked at me expectantly.  “So what you’re telling me is that you do want to keep it up?”
Well, yeah, I guess so,” I said honestly. “I mean, he's hot as hell and so much fun, but it wouldn't kill me if that was it. I don't need other people's drama, and I definitely don't want to be a home wrecker.”
“Oh thanks!” she exclaimed, throwing a jelly packet at me.  Her mock indignation didn’t get far past her amused smile.
“That's not what I meant and you know it,” I said as I threw the condiment back at her.  I was glad we could still maintain our sense of humor in all of this.  “This is different from you and Felix. He didn't have any kids. It just increases the guilt factor.”
“Then I have your solution,” she announced, straightening her back. “Don't feel guilty.”
“Just like that?”
“Yes, just like that.  His kid is not your problem.  If you’re really just in it for the sex, his parental status shouldn’t matter.”
I had to laugh. “I suppose you’re right about that. I think I'll just let this one go and see what happens. If he calls me again, I'll decide then. If not, no loss, right?  I wasn’t sure which of us I was trying to convince.
“Whatever, just do what you think is best,” she said patting my hand.  “I know it can be confusing…and complicated.  All relationships are, even without wives and kids to consider.  You’re attracted to him, he’s attracted to you.  If you want to roll with it for a while and see what happens, go ahead.  If it gets to be too much, then forget about itDon’t beat yourself up over it too much.  You’re only human, and things are never black and white.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The next few days of work were just kind of...weird. I would watch the mothers and fathers when they came to drop off and pick up their children, and it set my mind off in a thousand different directions. I looked at the married parents and wondered if they were faithful, if their spouses were faithful. When the single and divorced parents came, I found myself wondering about the circumstances that had led to their current situation. The worst of it all was looking at those kids who I truly adored and loved. Sure, none of them was Edward's kid, but how would I feel if they were? All angles of right and wrong made their checklist in my mind. I felt like my brain was one giant pro and con sheet with no conclusive results.
By Wednesday, I had spent far too much time thinking about a guy who was just supposed to be fuck buddy, especially since we’d only seen each other twice so far. I decided that the best thing for me to do was put Edward out of my mind.  And what's the best way to forget about a guy? With another guy, of course.  There’s nothing wrong with a little distraction, right?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It was bike night at the bar down the street from my apartment and that meant I would get to see Jacob.  I called Rosalie to confirm the time she and Felix would arrive and made plans to meet her and the guys in our usual spot. I threw on a tight pair of jeans, a little shirt that clung to my boobs and revealed a thin line of my midriff, and straightened my long brown hair. After shoving my cell phone and some cash in my pocket, I walked the two blocks to meet my friends.
As always, the parking lot was already flooded with motorcycles of all varieties, and several hundred people. Bars and tables were set up all over, inside and outside, but my friends and I always went for the bar that was all the way in the back under the shade of several big maples and oaks.
As I ascended through the crowd, I was well aware of the stares and cat calls I was receiving, but I kept my eyes straight ahead. Sure, it was impossible not to smirk, but it was all a part of the game I was constantly playing. I could fucking eat that attention up with a spoon.  It never ceased to amaze me how a little extra sway of the hips could turn men into a bunch of howling dogs.
I approached my friends, and Garrett noticed me first. He greeted me with a wink and whispered something to Rosalie. She quickly turned around and threw herself at me. We locked ourselves in a fierce hug, smashing our tits against each other and dancing around a little bit. I gave her a smack on the ass before we let go, and she kissed me on the mouth. She handed me her beer bottle and I took a long swig, licking my lips when I was done.
This was one variation of our typical greetings. We were truly excited to see each other, even though it had only been a day, but we were also well aware that all the guys in our group were now staring, just how we liked it.
I looked toward Jacob and saw the lusty sex eyes I was so familiar with. Damn straight.
I made my way through the guys, pausing to give little half hugs and smiles to all of them before I reached Jacob. He scooped me up off my feet and enveloped me in a long kiss.  His mouth was hot and eager against mine, and I was more than willing to offer him entrance.  When he finally pulled back, he looked down at me for a long moment before taking my hand and dragging me to the bar to get a few beers.
“You look so fucking hot,” he whispered in my ear.
I giggled and tucked my head into my shoulder a little bit, away from his warm breath tickling my ear. This was a great sign.
I could usually predict the kind of sex for the night based on Jacob's first words and reaction when he saw me. Bike night was pretty much a guarantee that I'd have him in my bed, but the intensity was dependent on his first impression. He always made good use of his tongue between my legs, but on his lustiest of nights he would go down on me over and over again until I was weakened into orgasmic submission, then fuck me until we both came screaming. I didn't know how he got to be so talented, but it was phenomenal. From the want and desire I could hear in his voice, I had a feeling that was exactly what was in store for me in a few hours. He was some of the best sex I'd ever had, and he knew my body like the back of his hand. I was absolutely in lust with Jacob.
The long and short of it was I loved hanging out with Rosalie and these guys. They could be assholes to people outside our circle, but they were also all hot as hell, had gorgeous bodies and drove motorcycles. Just thinking about riding behind one of them with a bike purring between my legs was a huge turn on.
Flirting between this group was shameless and playful. Everyone knew that Rose was with Felix and that Jacob and I were “together,” but that didn't keep any of us from eye fucking each other or hanging on one another when we had a few drinks in our system. We always knew who we went home with.
There was more to it than that, though. I could hang out with these guys drunk or sober and still have a great time. I think our mutual don't-give-a-shit attitude bonded all of us. By day, we went to work and paid our bills, but during the off hours we made the most of every opportunity to have fun.
They were genuine, too. I knew that if I was ever in a real pinch, I could count on them.  As a part of both Rosalie and Jacob’s lives, they welcomed me in, and as we all got to know each other the friendships grew. There were plenty of occasions when they'd saved me from unwelcome groping, and I returned the favor when necessary.  There were a few women who had reoccurring roles in the bike boys' beds, and those girls generally hated Rosalie and I. Sure, we would play nice when we had to, but we had yet to meet one of their girl friends who we genuinely liked.  As much as I loved the  guys’ attention, I wanted all of them to be happy…I just had high standards about who was good enough for my friends.
This particular night, Rosalie and I were having a great time watching women walk past and guessing whether their breasts were real or fake. We perched on our barstools, pointing and discussing, and the guys would occasionally break from their conversations to give us their input. It was all in good fun, of course, as that kind of thing was always a sure fire way to keep our guys' minds on sex – the sex they would be having with us very soon.  At the end of the night, Jacob was whispering dirty things in my ear about my own breasts and what he wanted to do me.  I laughed out loud, happy that he was enjoying my games and playing along.
As predicted, Jacob pinned me to the wall and dropped on his knees before me approximately two minutes after walking into my apartment. It was amazing; it was times like those that I wondered if I could convince him to get his tongue pierced. After the tongue action and a good, hard wall-fuck, we collapsed onto my bed and blissfully fell asleep.
I always hated waking him up in the morning because he looked like a little kid dreaming about cookies and milk.  Even his bed head was endearing. One time I took a shower before sending him home to get ready for work and when I came back to the bedroom he was snuggling with my ratty old teddy bear.  It was the sweetest sight ever. I wanted so badly to take a picture, but he would have killed me.
This morning was much like any other in our routine until Jacob woke up on his own. I was showered and standing by the dresser in a bra and thong when I felt his sculpted arms gah, I love those arms - snake around my waist and pull me down from behind. Before I could react appropriately, I was on my back as he hovered over my body, arms extended and fists in the tangle of blankets beneath me.
“Jake, I've got to get ready for work,” I giggled. He was planting kisses all over my torso and smiling that brilliant white smile of his I loved so much.  He was kind of…beautiful when he smiled that way.  The authenticity was in his eyes and the way the apples of his cheeks rose, not just across his lips. It was so hard to resist that look!
“Work shmerk. I need you,” he mumbled into my navel.
He worked his way back up, leaving my bra on, but massaging my breasts and biting at my nipples through the fabric. Little moans and groans trembled off his lips, transferring the reverberation onto my tingling flesh in sensual tickles.  As he inched up my neck with his tongue, he slid the lacy thong I'd been wearing off with one hand. Considering that he was still naked from the night before, getting to business didn't take long. He knew my body and all the right buttons to push so well that I was instantly wet for him. By the time he'd put a condom on and lunged at me again no foreplay was necessary.
“Fuck,” I panted as he rolled off me ten minutes later.  I stood up and shook my legs out; trying to release some of the ache they held from being wrapped around his broad, defined waist. “I can't go to work smelling like sex. I need to take another shower.”
“Care for some company?” he said in a low seductive voice that made me want him all over again.
I unsnapped my bra and fired it at him sling shot style before skipping off toward the bathroom. I knew he'd be behind me in a few seconds. Time for round two!



No comments:

Post a Comment