Friday, February 12, 2010

Toxic - Chapter 6

 
Chapter 6
Peter POV





"Bella, there's something we need to talk about."

"Angel, I have to tell you something."

"Babe, you're not going to like this, and I hate it too, but..."

"So you know how everyone has to do an internship for their major before they graduate?"

"Mother fuck..." I groaned, staring at myself in the mirror and rubbing my hands over my face roughly.

"This sucks."

Was I some adolescent kid nervous about asking a girl to his first dance?  One would think so, given my ridiculous nerves over the situation and the way I was talking to myself.  I just didn't want to ruin anything.

Despite the slow start, junior year had been great.  Being with Bella had been the major reason for that.  We weren't perfect, but she made me so damn happy.  It was as if the crazy sexual energy that flowed between us eclipsed everything else, always providing us with a common ground when we disagreed.  I had never imagined I could feel so on fire for one person, but she definitely lit me up.

Christmas break was torturous, going from a constant onslaught of sex and fun with my baby girl to not having her with me for weeks.  After a great deal of begging, she had canceled her annual New Years Eve plans with her high school friends and came up to my hometown to spend the night with me.  It was completely selfish on my part, though; if she hadn't agreed, I would have ditched my friends to crash her party in Seattle.

Once the spring semester began, we fell back into our routine, and things had been great.  Even though it felt like we were addicted to one another, we found a healthy balance to spend time with other friends, get our school and club work done, and fit in private time. 

Unfortunately, there was a good chance I was about to ruin all of that.  I couldn't exactly change the circumstances, though.  With my double major in International Business and Spanish, I needed to spend a semester abroad in order to complete my language requirements.  I had procrastinated about making those arrangements, and I was informed by my advisor, in no uncertain terms, that I had to make a decision immediately after Spring Break.  Tomorrow, my friends and I were leaving for Puerto Vallarta; expectations for this trip were high, and I didn't want to ruin it with a potentially tense conversation with Bella. 

Nevertheless, a decision had to be made.  Would I go for the first semester and interrupt a relationship that was less than a year old, or should I do it the second semester and miss out on the end of senior year with all my friends?  Going for the fall semester would also mean foregoing my final soccer season, which I didn't want to do, but the spring always held a lot of big events and parties for upcoming graduates.  It was a lose/lose situation.  However, I didn't want to beat myself up over it to the point that I wouldn't enjoy the time abroad; it was a fantastic chance to experience a different culture and learn things I never could at home.

A loud bang on my bedroom door pulled me out of my thoughts and back to the present.  "You ready for class, dude?" Jasper called out to me.

"Be out in a minute."

Grabbing my book bag and wallet, I met Jasper in the hall.

"Last class before vacation," he said happily, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.  His expression promptly froze as he really noticed me.  "What's up, Peter?"

Exhaling loudly, I shrugged.  "I'm excited; don't get me wrong.  I just really need to make a fucking decision about Spain."

"You haven't talked to Bella yet?"  His tone was concerned, but I could see in his eyes that he disapproved of the way I had put off this important discussion.

I merely shook my head, unwilling to admit it with words.

"You're just fucking yourself.  You know that, right?"

"Yeah, yeah," I sighed.  "I know."

"Don't make it harder than it needs to be," he said encouragingly.  "You decide what is more important to you, and you go with that.  End of story."

"I know, man, but I don't think it would be so black and white if you were in my head.  There's soccer, Bella, friends, and a whole bunch of other shit."

Taking a step closer, Jasper placed his hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eyes seriously.  "Trust me, brother, I get it.  We've talked about this, but the time for discussion is over.  You chose this major knowing that you'd need to go abroad before graduating, and even though it blows that you didn't think about sports and girls and shit, you still have to do it.  Everything will work out fine in the long run, though."

With one final clap against my arm, he turned and led us out the door to class.  I knew I wouldn't find any more sympathy from Jasper, no matter how good of friends we were. 

Facing Bella with this would be tough.  Realistically speaking, she had to realize that it would be coming.  It wasn't a secret that language majors traveled junior or senior year.  Since I obviously hadn't gone this year, it should have been a given.  Then again, Bella was always busy with classes, sorority stuff, Student Alumni Association, and all the other clubs she participated in, so it could have easily been something she hadn't realized.  If that were the case, I couldn't fault her for it.  Then again, she could have been putting off the inevitable the same way I had.

Jasper was right.  The only way to figure it out was to just deal with it.
~*~*~*~*~*~

"I'm so excited!" Bella squealed, bouncing on the balls of her feet and clapping her hands together like a little child.  The smile on her face was blissful and gorgeous, and I couldn't resist the urge to bend down and press my lips against hers.

"I know, sweet thing.  I am too," I murmured against the corner of her mouth.  My lips lingered on her cheek, drifting back toward her ear.  I tucked my nose beneath her hair, inhaling the intoxicating scent of the woman I was so gloriously familiar with.  A playful shove from behind interrupted my reverie.

"Get a move on, lovebirds!  The line is moving!" Alice chirped.  I glared at her over my shoulder, but she knew I wasn't serious.  Adjusting my carry on bag on my shoulder, I grasped Bella's hand and ushered us down the tunnel to board our plane.

After the standard pre-flight instructions and safety information, we were settled in our seats and the plane was in the air.  Nestled closely to Bella, I knew that a seven hour flight was a good opportunity to talk.  It could also be a recipe for disaster if things didn't go well.

We bantered back and forth for a while about our midterms we had completed prior to this trip, and we shared about other trips we knew our friends were taking for Spring Break.  There were fifteen in our group going to Puerto Vallarta, though we weren't all on the same flight.  Six of us were heading out today, and the rest would arrive tomorrow.

Eventually, our conversation transitioned into what we were looking forward to during our week away. 

"The food."

"The tequila," I quipped back.

"Body shots," she replied immediately, squeezing my thigh.

"Touché.  Dancing with you in some hot, sweaty club."

Bella groaned softly, obviously enjoying that idea.  A mischievous glint sparked in her deep brown eyes, and she leaned closer to me.  "Drunk, horny Peter and no classes to interrupt..." Her hot breath fanned against my ear, causing me to shiver.  "...for a week straight," she added huskily.

I turned, kissing her firmly and looking at her with a wide smile.  "You in a bikini every day."

She nodded and smiled back at me.  "You speaking Spanish to the locals."

This was not a great direction for our conversation when we had many more hours left on our flight, but what she said reminded me of more important matters to discuss.

"Hey," I said, pulling away and looking at her seriously.  "There's actually something along those lines that I wanted to talk about."

"Speaking Spanish?" she asked skeptically.

"Not exactly," I hedged.  "For my Spanish major, I'm supposed to do a semester abroad."  My words had been slow, and I looked at Bella carefully, waiting for her reaction.

"When?" She suddenly looked pale and distant.  I hated that it was my doing.

"Next year sometime."

"Oh."

My blood ran cold.  Oh?  That's all she had to say?  I had absolutely no idea what that meant.  Thankfully, she saved me from my mental torture and continued before I could say anything.

"So what does that mean?"

"About what?" I asked.

She turned her face away from me, staring out the window and breathing deeply.  "I don't... What do you..." she paused and looked back at me for only a fraction of a second, as though she was searching for something.  Her eyes quickly darted away again.  "I'm not going to assume, you know?"

"Bella, I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand what you're saying.  I mean, I completely get it if you're mad at me for not talking to you about this sooner-"

"I'm not mad," she said immediately, cutting me off.  "I'm...confused."

"What are you confused about?"

"Ugh," she grunted in frustration.  "I don't know! This.  Us.  If you're leaving, what are we doing?  What's going to happen?" she said anxiously.  She was finally looking directly at me, and her pained expression as she spoke hurt me as well.

Wrapping my arm around her shoulder, I tugged her toward me and nuzzled her hair.  "Angel, do you think I'd want to break up with you when I go?"

"I don't know," she mumbled while shrugging.

"Hell no.  It's not like that at all."

"Then why haven't you told me before now?"

"I have a knack for doing that with you, don't I?" I cringed at my realization.  Why was I always so stupid about sharing important things with her?  I didn't want to hide anything, but it was just how it always seemed to happen.  "Listen, I don't want to go.  I do, of course, because it's a really great opportunity and all, but the thought of leaving you kills me."

"It does?" she sniffled, and I realized then that tears were welling in her eyes.

"Yes, Bella.  I know it's months away, but I hope we'll still be together then.  Unfortunately, I have to go, and it doesn't matter how much I avoid talking about it or making plans.  Being away from you for three months is going to suck."

"Technically, there won't be any sucking going on while you're away.  If there is, I'll have to kick your ass."  And just like that she showed me that my reassurance had been exactly what she needed.

"Fuuuuuck," I groaned in her ear, hugging her a little closer.  Speaking so softly that only she could hear, I decided that turnabout was fair play.  "Bella, I think we'd both be better off if we avoid discussing any more forms of sucking while we're on the plane.  We have at least another five hours, and I'm already tempted to throw a blanket over us and attack you."

"Can we at least do this?" she asked, connecting our lips once more.  It wasn't short or chaste that time; her mouth stayed on mine, working her teeth and tongue into it, and reminding me how lucky I was to have her.  My fingers threaded into her hair naturally, touching her in a way I knew she loved, but I also needed.  She was my lifeline every time I thought I was drowning.

After a few minutes, we both understood that our PDA probably wouldn't be appreciated by all the other passengers on the plane, so we reluctantly parted.  Gazing at her, I stroked her cheek and ran my thumb over her lips.

"Don't hide shit from me," she whispered, her lip moving against my fingers.  "We have to communicate.  If anything, that has always been our biggest problem.  I don't want there to be problems, baby."

"I know.  I'm sorry."  I rested my forehead against hers, closing my eyes and inhaling the aroma of sandalwood and vanilla that permeated her skin.  The combination of her scent and her touch brought me the peace I needed.  Without speaking, I reached into my bag and pulled out a few items.  I turned on my iPod and shared one of my earbuds with her, and then I gave her the choice of a couple books we had selected together for the trip.  We settled into comfortable silence reading and listening to music.  A little while later, Bella's book slipped from her grasp and I stowed it in the seat pocket in front of her.  Her neck flopped to the side, so I gently angled it to lean on my shoulder as she rested.
~*~*~*~*~*~
There was no Mile High Club action on that trip, but I was honestly okay with that.  Bella and I may have been wild in bed together, but screwing in a cramped, stinky lavatory was not my idea of fun, nor was being banned from an airline for fooling around under a blanket.  We more than made up for it that week in Puerto Vallarta, though, living up to our flirtatious banter on the trip there.  I honestly didn't know it was possible to have that much sex in a single week, but we were like rabbits, for lack of a better description.  I'm fairly certain that every trip we made back to our hotel room between the beach, sight-seeing, going out to eat, or clubbing involved some form of fooling around.  Despite our disinterest in fucking on an aircraft, we did manage a couple public encounters; one occurred, unsurprisingly, in the ocean, and the other was during a jungle tour that we had slipped away from.  All in all, it was the greatest vacation I had ever had, and it wasn't just because of all the intimate moments.  Being there with Bella - seeing and experiencing all those beautiful things with her - was unforgettable.  It was a trip that our group of friends continued to talk about for months.

After a series of long discussions on the last couple days and the trip home, Bella and I agreed that going to Spain during the first semester of senior year would be the best option.  Although she helped me make the decision, and it did have a bit to do with her, it was ultimately my choice.  She repeatedly told me that my opinion was much more important than hers, even though I really wanted her input.  The greatest factor was being able to spend my final months of school with my friends and Bella, as I had ruminated over for a very long time.  It would also be a weight off my shoulders; I could get that final requirement over with and then return to school to finish off a few easier, elective courses.  Missing soccer would suck, but considering what a popular sport it was in that country, I assumed that there would be opportunities for casual play, at the least.

As the remainder of the semester dwindled, some other unexpected plans came into play. 

"So, I had this idea," Alice said one quiet Sunday afternoon as we were all finishing up a late brunch at the girls' apartment.  Our plates had been pushed away and were lazily picked at as we sipped our coffee and talked.

"What kind of idea?" Jasper asked casually.  I glanced at Bella, gauging her reaction.  Her nod to Alice quickly answered my question of whether she knew what this was about.  She definitely did, but she revealed nothing to me.

Alice smiled and sat up confidently, apparently preparing for her speech.  "Well, Bella and I were looking at some cheaper apartment options for next year.  We've been trying to find someplace that won't cost quite as much as we're paying now, but on the other hand, we don't want to move into some dump, either."  She paused, taking a deep breath and smiling before the next part poured out of her mouth.  "So, yeah, I came across this one place that I think would be really, really awesome, and that got me to thinking about what you guys are going to do next year since there's the whole Spain thing.  I mean, are you going to keep your apartment?  Is Jasper going to have to find a new roommate for a semester?  And then what would happen if that didn't work out and Jasper had to get a new roommate?  I mean, I really like having you around, Peter, and I don't want Jasper living with some asshole who doesn't get our routines and stuff, and..."

"Whoa, Alice.  Stop!" I said with a laugh.  My hands were held up in front of me to signal her to calm down, but I was pretty confused.  Jasper's face seemed to be a mirror of my own, so I asked her to clarify.

"Okay, okay.  The thing is, I found this really great place that is actually just a couple blocks from here.  The rent would be less than our two rents combined, so practically speaking, it would be a great financial option for all four of us, you know?"

Jasper's hand slapped on the table, louder than he intended, I assumed from the look of surprise on his face.  He mumbled an apology, then looked intently at his girlfriend.  "You're saying that you want the four of us to live together?"

I gulped.  Living together?  I wasn't sure that was such a great idea.

"Well, why not?" Alice asked innocently.

"Alice..." Bella cautioned, and when I finally met her deep brown eyes, I saw her disappointment in our reactions.  Guilt washed over me, and I reached for Bella's hand.

"I think you've just caught us both by surprise, you know?" I interjected.  "Why don't you...tell us more?"

That seemed to provide Alice with a little relief and hope, and I watched as Jasper tugged her out of her chair and readjusted his own so that she could slide into his lap.  She angled herself so that she could look up at Jasper and see Bella and me as well.  I gave Bella's hand a reassuring squeeze.

"It's a three bedroom apartment," Alice began.  Her voice had returned to its confident tone, and I was glad that her unease had been dispelled.  "Technically, there could be four rooms because the main living area has vaulted ceilings and there's an upstairs loft.  It doesn't have complete privacy, but I mean, we could each have our own space, right?"

Bella perked up beside me.  "Or depending on other situations or arrangements or whatever, it can be another lounge area or study space or something...if we don't...I mean...use it as a bedroom."  Glancing in my girl's direction, I saw her bottom lip nestled apprehensively between her teeth, and I instinctively reached over to stop her nervous habit.  She kissed my thumb lightly and smiled at me, and I couldn't help but return that smile to her.

"I love it."

My head whipped toward Jasper upon hearing his sudden approval, and I found him nodding and pressing a kiss against Alice's temple.  She was radiant from his reaction.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking at him.

"Sure, why not?" he said easily.  It was times like these that I loved and hated Jasper's easy going attitude at the same time.  "We'll have to check it out and figure out how to convince our parents to go for the co-ed housing thing, but I'm game if you are, Peter."

"I..."

"Peter?" Bella asked quietly, and I could feel her eyes on me.

I really didn't know how to respond.  They all seemed so confident about it, but I just...wasn't.  Realistically speaking, I was with Bella at some point every day anyway, and the same could be said for Jasper and Alice.  The rent would be cheaper, as Alice mentioned, and in the fall, Jasper wouldn't have to mess around with any roommate issues.  I would have guaranteed housing when I moved back, not to mention the easy access to my girlfriend.  But that was also the problem.  Jasper and Alice had been together since sophomore year.  On the other hand, Bella and I had only been together since last semester, and no matter how close we had become, that still wasn't very long.  Would we have separate bedrooms, or would we share one?  What would that mean for our relationship?  I liked Bella a whole fuck of a lot, and maybe my feelings ran deeper than that, but this felt like a huge step.

"Let's...check out the details," I finally responded.  That was the best answer I could give for the time being.  It wasn't a yes, but it also wasn't no.

A little while later, Jasper and Alice went to our apartment, leaving Bella and I alone in her bedroom.  She slid up against me in her bed, tangling our legs together in the way she knew I loved, and her fingers spread across my face.

"I love these blue eyes, you know?"

"Oh yeah?"  I smiled at her, pushing my hands into her hair and enjoying the feeling of the silky strands between my fingers.

"Yeah," she grinned.  "I like the way you look at me.  You make me feel special...whole... I feel like you really see me."

Touched by her tender words, I tilted forward until our lips touched.  It was a simple kiss, but it was enough in that moment.  "I do see you, Angel."

She sighed, snuggling against me further and remaining silent for a long time.  The quiet moments we shared were important to me.  I didn't really know how to describe the way they made me feel, but they were good.  I could relax and feel whole, just as she said, when we were like this.  I also meant what I told her about really seeing her because it was the same way for me.  There was just something shared between us that didn't need to make sense because it just was.  The more I thought about the peace, comfort, and happiness Bella brought me just by being herself, the more I realized that this moving in together idea would be okay.  The decision wasn't something that needed to be discussed; this was what I needed to work it out in my head - to be close to Bella, to hear, feel, and smell her all around me.

As if sensing my resolution, she spoke.  We had probably been lying there in silence for thirty or forty minutes, not asleep, but both quiet until she initiated conversation again.

"I think it's a really great idea," she said sweetly.  "I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but I feel good about this.  And I feel good about us, you know?"

"Yeah, I do," I replied, kissing her forehead.  "Plus, you and I are both going to be here for summer sessions anyway, and it would be stupid to waste the money on two places."

"Really?"

"Uh huh," I hummed.

"And Alice will be here for the final summer session.  She only has one class, so she's going to wait until August."

Surprisingly, I was quite at ease with all of it.  It was true that Bella and I would need to remain near campus for the summer.  She had credits to make up from transferring last year, and I had a few to get out of the way before Spain as well, including my Conversational Spanish course I would be doing as a refresher before the trip.

"We can each take a room," she added.  "We've both got bedroom furniture, but Alice doesn't.  Our apartment came furnished with bedroom sets, but I put the twin bed from my room in our storage closet to fit my queen.  I think she's eyeing the master suite for her and Jasper anyway.  Big closet and all," she added with a soft giggle.

"We can figure it all out later, right?"

"Right."

"Good," I agreed, holding her against me before I forced myself to roll away and pull out our book bags so that we could get some work done for the coming week.  Finals would hit us before we knew it.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Things were not flawless or without stress, but everything seemed to work itself out in its own time.  Jasper and I both loved the apartment Alice had found, and we didn't hesitate to sign the lease when it was offered to us.  When the semester ended, we moved our belongings out of our respective apartments and consolidated them in our new place.  As expected, Jasper and Alice took the master bedroom, which was fine with me.  I had heard stories from Bella, and it was better him than me having to share a bathroom with Alice. 

Bella and I each had our own rooms, but mine was really just the place where I kept my stuff...and where we went to have sex when we were in the mood for the mirrors.  Upon Bella's request, I put the large, mirrored dresser directly across from the bed so that it faced the mirrored headboard.  She was right; it was a spectacular arrangement. 

The summer passed faster than I wanted, with Jasper coming and going throughout the warmer months when he didn't have to work.  He could have stayed at the apartment all summer, but I presumed that his reasoning for home basing from his parents' place was twofold.  It kept them happy to have him around so often, and he gave Bella and I some extended private time before my three months away.

When our final day together arrived, we were both tired and weighed down by our mutually solemn attitude.  We had spent the last five days together in my hometown, saying goodbye and appeasing my family before I left.  It had been wonderful to have her there with me and introduce her to everyone, but all the socializing was exhausting.  We returned home that morning to tie up our loose ends and have our last hints of privacy before she drove me to the airport early the next day.  I was going to be in airports and on planes for a long damn time.

Bella made me an awesome breakfast, which we enjoyed together in bed, feeding each other small bites.  Afterward, we took a long, steaming shower together before heading out for a walk around campus and through a nearby park.  It was a lucky sunny day, and I was grateful to spend it with her.  The day progressed with lazy activities between my final triple and quadruple checks of all my luggage, and we eventually ended up at a fancy Asian fusion restaurant on the water.  The dinner was amazing, but I was more anxious to get home and just spend some time holding my girl before I had to let her go for far too long.  I tried to soothe myself with reassuring words in my head, but it was all useless.  I was going to miss her no matter what.

Wordlessly, our clothes began to drop as soon as we entered our apartment and closed the door.  We left the discarded garments in a trail to Bella's bedroom, and when we got there, we simply fell into bed, holding our naked bodies together.  I relished the feeling of her warm, soft flesh smashed against mine and the thumping of her heart in her chest.  I wouldn't have this for three months, and that was nearly criminal in my book.

"God, you feel so good, just like this," she spoke softly, rolling us so that I lay on top of her.  "I'm going to miss how wonderful your weight feels on me, pressing me into the bed."

"Damn, Bella..." I moaned, shifting my body against hers and kissing her firmly.  We continued that way for several minutes, showing our affection in that simple action, but not allowing our bodies to get too far ahead yet.

Eventually, naturally, our hands and mouths roamed, studying and worshiping one another.  I did all the things I loved doing to her and all the things I would miss.  As much as I needed to savor her one final time before our separation, I also wanted to give Bella as many great memories of me - of us - as possible.  We took our time, savoring and enjoying the things we could do to one another and the pleasure we received from bringing the other to our highest peaks.  When we were finally to the point where we just needed to come together and make the deepest physical connection we could, it was slow and reverent.  Bella sat over me, sliding down my length until I was nestled deeply inside her perfect body.  She rolled her hips over me, satisfying us both as I memorized her breasts, her stomach, her shoulders, and anywhere else I could reach with my hands.  They eventually traveled over her back, coming to rest on the roundness of the lovely ass I adored and guiding her movements.

It was all so good, but it wasn't enough.  I needed to feel more.  Fumbling to sit upright, I tugged her closer as our legs found working positions.  Her chest was in my face, and I took advantage of our proximity, swirling my tongue around her tightened nipples as she rocked in my lap.

"Oh...Peter..." she cried, and my name never sounded sweeter on her lips.  "That's so good, baby.  Oh god, I'm gonna miss you so much."

"Keep talking, sweet angel.  Let me hear you," I begged.  Shifting purposefully, I hit a spot inside her warm body that made us both gasp and tense in pleasure.  Suddenly, the slow, intimate sex wasn't enough.  I needed to stake my claim, mark my territory, and leave my imprint on her.

Freezing my motions, I lifted her off my lap and climbed from the bed, tugging her with me.  I turned her so that she was facing the bed, but I kept her back flush against my chest.  "No declarations," I whispered huskily, tickling my lips over her ear.  She pressed her ass into me, reaching for my cock.  "I don't want to say anything just because I'm leaving.  No promises, nothing rash," I finished, tracing my tongue behind her ear and sucking hard on the same spot.  I craved this intensity with her, but everything I said was serious.  There was absolutely no way I wanted either of us to become overly emotional to the point that we said or did things that would make my departure more difficult.  In that moment, all I wanted was to be with my Angel and make her scream.  Sucking harder, I knew I was going to leave a dark mark behind her ear, but I didn't care; I wanted it.

"Anything, baby...anything," she panted, reaching her arms back and holding my head against her neck.  "Fuck, Peter...I'm going crazy.  I need you."

"Tell me what you need," I urged.  "Let me hear that sexy, dirty little mouth."  It was so selfish and pushy of me, but I knew she would do whatever I asked to have me back inside her, and I needed this material to get through the next few months.  My hands drifted over her stomach, meeting at the juncture of her thighs to tease and encourage.

She took a hard, shaking breath, and I felt her lungs fill and expel against my chest.  Every inch of her felt like fire on my skin.  "Fuck...fuck me," she panted needfully.

I couldn't make her beg any longer; I couldn't maintain that teasing.  Shoving her away from me, I pushed until her hands met the mattress, but she remained standing.  I parted her thighs with my knee, holding the base of my cock to guide myself back into her.  She gasped and writhed when I filled her once more, releasing a rhythmic series of high pitched ahs with each deep thrust I made.  Her hips were my reins, and I held on tightly, probably bruising her in the process.  I fucked my girl frantically, pushing away all the negativity and longing I felt about leaving her.  This felt fucking amazing, but it was also cathartic...for both of us.

Bella's climax came long before I was ready, but I wasn't really surprised.  She always came fast and fierce when I took her from behind, and despite the fact that we were not face to face, it was never any less intimate for either of us.  This time, however, I was not finished.  I flipped her back onto the bed, arranging her body beneath mine as I kissed her passionately.  We connected for the third time in this extended encounter, and my pace fell somewhere between that of our previous two positions.  This was not slow and enduring, nor was it hard and needful.  It was a display of heartfelt emotions, opening ourselves and sharing one final time. 

My biceps shook, even as I rested my weight against my forearms, and I eventually collapsed upon her, still thrusting and moving my hips in time with her responsive movements.  It became too much, and as fervently as I wanted to continue kissing her, I simply could not.  My concentration focused on one specific task, causing my forehead to rest roughly against hers.  I was grunting and groaning without inhibition, trying to speak my affections to Bella, but only able to form incoherent sounds.  Her legs tightened around my waist, constricting my movement and holding me firmly against her.  Still, my hips slammed, regardless of the decreased range of motion.  When her fingernails dug painfully into my shoulder blades and scratched down my back, marking me, I couldn't take any more. 

"Bella...Bella...fuck, Angel..."

"Right there, baby.  Just a little harder."

I shoved her impossibly deeper into the bed, folding my arms around her back and squeezing her into a climax induced bear hug.

Eventually, her nails released from my skin, leaving behind a sharp burning sensation that she soothed with sweet caresses over the marks.  I unwillingly unwound our limbs, carefully extricating my body from hers and freeing her from my oppressive weight.

We took the time we needed to clean up and find our way back to bed together, but no words were necessary for the rest of the evening.  We lay face to face, studying one another and selfishly taking all the last minute touches we could.  Even as she drifted off to sleep, I stayed awake.  Bella was so peaceful in my arms, and I cherished this view of her, not because she was glorious and naked for me, but because she was so goddamn beautiful when the serenity of sleep framed her entire being.

I couldn't bear to take my eyes off Bella, even for a moment, so I fought sleep until late in the night - or early in the morning, depending how you look at it - when I finally lost the battle, slipping under the veil of unconsciousness.

In my dreams, we did make declarations.  In my dreams, I never left.  In my dreams, Bella came on my trip with me.

In my dreams, everything was so much less complicated.




Next Chapter
 

No comments:

Post a Comment